Friday, December 2, 2011

1 No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’ because they will all know me,

Hebrews 8

The below verse hits me right in the gut

No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’ because they will all know me, (verse 11)

For me this verse begs the question: when people deal with me is it apparent that I am so unique and so special that they want to learn about what specifically makes me so special?

The answer for me is clearly no and this is a disappointment to me.

I truly desire for people to deal with me and to know that I am a light in the world and I would like to draw others to me and to Jesus.

16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. (Matthew 5:16)

Similarly, I DO want to explicitly spread the gospel so I desire gifting from God - as only God can do - to be obedient as an evangelist.

My Prayer: Lord, You ARE light, truth, and The Way, The ONLY Way.  I KNOW you are all I need yet from time to time I seek other Gods so please forgive me and purify me of this awful habit!  Transform my heart, my life and help me be more like You.  Help me be a light to others and spread the good news You bring the world.