Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see

Hebrews 11

Am I living by true faith in the same way that the biblical heroes as described by the author of Hebrews?

I would say not because I have not truly given my life away as these great men have.

They went about in sheepskins and goatskins, destitute, persecuted and mistreated— 38 the world was not worthy of them. They wandered in deserts and mountains, living in caves and in holes in the ground.
  
39 These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised, 40 since God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.

By many measures it would difficult for anyone to describe me in the same way as these great men.  Lord help me!

My Prayer: Lord, Your power is unmatched as you have taken ordinary men throughout all human history and You have used them as instruments for Your glory.  It is only through Your hands that this is possible!  I feel so unworthy to be used in this way as I sin greatly and feel so weak.  Forgive me for my lack of faith in You and my weakness.  Help me gain strength and confidence to do Your will.