Wednesday, December 7, 2011

...So that we may serve the living God!

Hebrews 9

I am often explaining away why I don't serve God in this way or that way.  Yet today I feel "called to the mat" for these excuses:

How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God! (verse 14)

God's piercing (as they often are) words remind me that He has cleansed my conscience from sin and through this process He has provided only the rest that He can provide (Hebrews 4).  It is through this rest that I am to serve Him.  Yet here I am lollygagging away my days.  Lord help me!

My Prayer: Lord, You not only died for me but You rose again to conquer both sin and death, allowing me to have eternal rest both here on earth and in Heaven.  What an awesome gift.  Yet sometimes I don't feel worthy of this gift.  I am broken - please forgive me for my ongoing problem with anger and patience.  Forgive me as well for my lack of Christ like attitude at work.  Help me with these things as I seek for You to transform both my heart and my life.  Help me freely give my life away to You.