Thursday, October 31, 2013

“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it."

Matthew 13

 “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." v45-46

When I read this, the first thing I think is "do I act like my faith is the most valuable thing in my life now and for the rest of my life?"

I am not so sure...perhaps sometimes but certainly not all of the time....wow...I need Jesus...badly...not only to forgive me, but also to help me turn from sin of not loving Him with all of my heart, mind, soul and strength.  I need to submit to Jesus all of my life, including all of that which prevents me from loving Him with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  This includes my job and career, both of which are causing stress and anxiety for me lately.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are SO amazing...that You love me, care for me, died for me, etc. I am not worthy of such love...not by a long shot.  I am full of anxiety and stress.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me...help me also turn from this sin Jesus.  Help me be the man You intend for me.