Thursday, October 24, 2013

"But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear."

Matthew 13

This is why I speak to them in parables:
“Though seeing, they do not see;

    though hearing, they do not hear or understand.
In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah:
“‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
    you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.
For this people’s heart has become calloused;
    they hardly hear with their ears,
    and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
    hear with their ears,
    understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.’ v13-15

Building on what I read yesterday, God is SO patient and caring for us His children.  God knows we are by our very nature sinful beings and sinful despite having read and heard Jesus' teachings and the teachings of the Old Testament.  God teaches us by providing vivid and clear examples of how we can apply the teachings and He repeats the messages in scriptures because He knows we need repetition.  What an awesome God and teacher we have!

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You ARE so patient and understanding and You meet us exactly where we are with a caring and understanding voice that speaks volumes of the love You have for us.  You want us to be more like You yet You have patience and You coach us with the tenderness a little league coach has for his young players.  How awesome You are!  I am not deserving of such love and patience.  I am not patient myself with others and very often very critical of others.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please help me turn from this sin and forgive me Jesus.  Help me be the man You intend for me.