Tuesday, October 8, 2013

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven."

Matthew 10

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven." v32-33

Wow...intense stuff!  The extent to which we publicly demonstrate our love of Jesus says alot.  I have often thought this way...for example, when I go to lunch with people I know are not believers and I am ashamed of my faith so I don't say a blessing and thank Jesus for the provision of a meal.  I KNOW this shows weakness on my part - that I don't love Jesus as I should.

“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind"...Luke 10:27

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God beyond what words can describe.  I DO love You.  Yet I don't love You as I should.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me.  Help me love You with all of my heart, mind, soul, and strength.