Thursday, October 10, 2013

"And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones who is my disciple, truly I tell you, that person will certainly not lose their reward.”

Matthew 10

"And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones who is my disciple, truly I tell you, that person will certainly not lose their reward.” v42

Jesus wants us to love and care for everyone but here my sense is that He is focused on our fellow believers.  As Jesus is sending out the twelve to spread the good news of Jesus, he recognizes that His disciples (in particular the 12 apostles) will face persecution.  He knows that they will need to seek refuge in the arms of their brothers and sisters in Christ.  This is our call.  We are to love others by spreading the good news of Jesus Christ and to support, encourage, and minister to those that spread the good news of Jesus Christ.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You love and care for everyone, regardless of whether they deserve it or not.  You love me...You died for me...incredible.  I have sinned and I will continue to sin...yet You love me anyway...thank You Jesus for Your grace, mercy and kindness.  Please forgive me.  Help me be the man You intend for me.