Thursday, September 26, 2024

[T]he immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe...

Ephesians 1:19

[T]he immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe...Ephesians 1:19

Given I have caught up with and am now ahead with where John Piper is in recording his videos on 1 and 2 Timothy for DesiringGod.com's Look at the Book series, this morning I lean on the Solid Joys daily devotion, which today encourages all to recognize the omnipotence of God "all day, every day, in all the ordinary and extraordinary experiences of life?"  John Piper first describes this omnipotence as "eternal, unshakable refuge in the everlasting glory of God no matter what happens on this earth. And that confidence is the source and power of radical obedience to the call of God."  If we recognize this omnipotence as Piper describes, Piper then encourages us to see how this will make a "difference...in our personal lives and in our ministries[.] How humble and powerful we would become for the saving purposes of God!"  We are also encouraged to take refuge in this omnipotence and how this will produce "joy and a freedom and a power that spills over in a life of radical obedience to Jesus Christ." 

Indeed believe and experience this joy, freedom, and power! 

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Jesus, You have produced miracle upon miracle in my life as Your grace and mercies are new every day and are ceaseless.  Thank You Jesus for my salvation and more...my cup overflows. I am not deserving of any of this.  My sin is great and it continues...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please continue to heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.