Friday, February 25, 2011

Elisha: He Asks Only To Be An Instrument of God

2 Kings 2

It is an ongoing prayer that I have for myself (when I am not spending too much time thinking of myself)....to be an instrument of God...to be used up by Him for His Glory.

This is what I see of Elisha.  For when Elijah his father is about to be called up to Heaven, Elijah asks Elisha what he can do for his son before he is taken from him:

9 When they had crossed, Elijah said to Elisha, “Tell me, what can I do for you before I am taken from you?”
   
“Let me inherit a double portion of your spirit,” Elisha replied.(verse 9)

I need to be focused on you Lord and your will...too often I am focused on myself.

My Prayer: Lord, you are great and I am not...forgive me because I am weak and I don't seek you out enough for your strength.  You are getting me through difficult work circumstances even when I don't seek you our for your help - thank you Lord!  Help me seek you out more often, because I desperately need you, now more than ever!  Help me be an instrument for your glory!  Help me be strong through your strength!