Monday, February 28, 2011

God's Plan Is In Constant Motion

2 Kings 4

We know of course of the miracles of Jesus, but less so of those in the Old Testament, and in particular those of Elisha.  Yet here, with Elisha, we see signs of things to come with the Son of God.

For example, Elisha feeds many with little.

42 A man came from Baal Shalishah, bringing the man of God twenty loaves of barley bread baked from the first ripe grain, along with some heads of new grain. “Give it to the people to eat,” Elisha said. 

 43 “How can I set this before a hundred men?” his servant asked.

   But Elisha answered, “Give it to the people to eat. For this is what the LORD says: ‘They will eat and have some left over.’” 44 Then he set it before them, and they ate and had some left over, according to the word of the LORD. (verses 42-44)

Is this not eerily like the feeding of the five thousand Jesus performs with the fish and bread from the small boy (Matthew 14:13-21)?

What I see here is a God that is in constant motion - God continues to orchestrate his plan for his glory.  We know ultimately that his plan is to bring his Son Jesus to the world for us.


My Prayer: Lord, your work is glorious as I have experienced it in my own life.  Forgive me when I doubt you or don't trust you.  Help me seek you out more, love you more, desire you more, trust in you more, obey in you more, and serve you more.  Please Lord I so desperately need you.