Thursday, December 5, 2013

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first."

Matthew 19

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." v30

I am aware that my focus should be Jesus...yet often my focus is on earthly matters...people, things, etc.  I should have peace.  I should not worry and I should focus on as Paul says is renewing of the mind:

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.    Romans 12:2

Renewal of the mind implies going to God daily and sometimes more than daily to seek God's will and wisdom.

My Prayer: Lord, You are truth, and Your plans and will are both perfect and pure.  I have seen in my own life how a focus on You renews my mind and transforms both my heart and life - all for Your glory.  You are a great God with no equal.  I love You Jesus.  I am NOT worthy of all the blessing and love You have provided me.  I am selfish and I fail to fully forgive others as You command me to.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus.  Help me fully forgive and not have a hardened heart towards anyone.  Help me forgive and love as You love me.  Help me be the man You intend for me.