Monday, December 16, 2013

“For many are invited, but few are chosen.”

Matthew 22

 “For many are invited, but few are chosen.” v14

I had to struggle a bit to more fully understand the Parable of the Wedding Banquet.  It's obvious that there are those in the world who choose not to accept and follow Jesus...and their destiny is known more well known.

There are also those come to the banquet as in v11 but choose not to attend "appropriately".  In the same way, as I have read in commentary here, many choose to follow Jesus but fail to deny themselves and be born again.  As Jesus says, for us to be born again we must shed our former self:

Neither do people pour new wine into old wineskins. If they do, the skins will burst; the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined. No, they pour new wine into new wineskins, and both are preserved.” Matthew 9:17

It is also stated here:

Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. Matthew 16:24

My Prayer: Lord, I know You have prepared a great feast for me in heaven and I eagerly await the day when I can be with You in heaven forever. What a gift...and for such a price!  I am not worth the price You paid Lord Jesus.  I am too selfish.  I seek my own comfort.  Thank You that You have loved me Jesus thus far but PLEASE forgive me!  Help me turn from my selfishness.  Help me be the man You intend for me.