Monday, November 26, 2018

Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

Matthew 24

Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away. v35

As part of a broader warning about the end of times and false prophets, Jesus warns us of the temporal nature of the things of this world.  Jesus even warns us that some of us will "turn away from the faith and hate [other believers]" (v10).   He also encourages us that if we "stand firm to the end" we will be saved (v13).  

In a world that swirls with chaos, suffering, sin, etc., we must trust and have faith in a God that never changes as He is our rock and firm foundation.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who loves me and love NEVER changes - I can trust in You as my rock and firm foundation.  I love You.  Yet I am undeserving of Your love.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.