Friday, November 30, 2018

So he left them and went away once more and prayed the third time, saying the same thing.

Matthew 26

So he left them and went away once more and prayed the third time, saying the same thing. v44

I've been asking God to help me with my prayer life, and found it interesting that Jesus prays three separate times in the Garden of Gethsemane.  John Piper writes about Jesus' prayers that evening.  According to Piper, God both heard Jesus' prayers AND answered them.  Jesus first sought to avoid "drinking from the cup" but then prayed for God's "will to be done".  We must be prepared for God's response to prayer, as it may not be what we seek, but we can take comfort in knowing that God never does nothing.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an incredible God who loves me, knowing everything about me, yet still knowing everything about me died on the cross for me.  Unbelievable - thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love.  I worry, etc. among my many sins.  Please forgive me and help me overcome and turn from my sins towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo. Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.