Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Jesus replied, “Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.

Matthew 21

Jesus replied, “Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. v21-22

From the very beginning we are told by God to be fruitful.

God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Genesis 1:28

God has given each of us a unique design and called us to use our spiritual gifts.

See this commentary for thoughts on how we must be on guard to avoid the hypocrisy of claiming to follow Jesus but bearing no fruit.

Examples of fruit can be seen in Galatians 5:22.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who loves me and who has blessed me well beyond what I deserve.  I am often lazy and neglectful of both You and my gifts and calling.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength. Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for today and every day.