Thursday, May 16, 2019

When Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews who had come along with her also weeping, he was deeply moved in spirit and troubled.

John 11

When Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews who had come along with her also weeping, he was deeply moved in spirit and troubled. v33

This morning's reading in v17-37 struck me on the topic of the Incarnation. In three places (V33, 35, 38), we see Jesus' emotions, underscoring the humanity of His nature of both God and man.  We should take great comfort and encouragement in knowing that "Jesus is fully and perfectly man and has also experienced the full range of human experience. We have a Savior who can truly identify with us because he is man and who can also truly help us in temptation because he has never sinned" (see DesiringGod.com for more on this topic). 

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God who knows everything about me and knows everything about being human because You came to earth to live a sinless life and to give me the power to gain freedom over the sting of sin and death myself - thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such a gift and such love.  I worry and I gossip.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior. Please provide Godly firends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.