Saturday, June 1, 2019

Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

John 20

Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” v29

Those who have yet to believe in Jesus need to see something that gives them reason to believe.  Those who saw Jesus perform miracles and heard His teachings perhaps had more evidence than we have but I believe that today we have as much as those who lived in Jesus' day.  We have the Holy Spirit, The Word, and those in whom the Holy Spirit lives - all providing means for non believers to see Jesus.  

Non-believers should also understand that belief will be strengthened by accepting Jesus as Your Lord and Savor and this is what is meant by John 20:29 - see more here from DesiringGod.com.  God will help our unbelief. 

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God and You have strengthened my faith - thank You! I am not deserving of the love and blessings You pour out on me.  I worry and I have other sin.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo. Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.