Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Day after day, in the temple courts and from house to house, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Messiah.

Acts 5

Day after day, in the temple courts and from house to house, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Messiah. v42

I've been posting quite a bit about the Holy Spirit, and the power it gave not only Peter, the apostles, and the early church, but also what it gives all believers today.  In today's reading we see more of the Holy Spirit at work as many are healed and the church growth continued apace (v12-16).

The apostles are thrown in jail but an angel released them telling them to continue spreading the Good News of Jesus Christ (v17-20).  Even Gamaliel likely senses the Holy Spirit at work.

The Holy Spirit gives Peter and the other apostles great power to continue preaching - DESPITE suffering and grave threats of physical harm.  THIS is the Holy Spirit at work.  It is something that cannot be stopped by any early power nor can Satan stop it.

As I posted a couple of days ago, we should ask for boldness to continue on with what we are led to do by Jesus as the Holy Spirit WILL be us, equipping us, providing for us, and protecting us - eternally.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an incredible God who is worthy of my worship and my full devotion.  I know You are with me - always.  Thank You Jesus.  I am not deserving of all the blessings You pour out for me.  I worry and I have much more sin - daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.