Saturday, May 29, 2010

How a Leader Is Made...By God

Today's Reading
Exodus Chps 3 to 12

Many of us see gifts in others as something that we cannot attain, ignoring the greatness of God and the power God has to use ordinary people to do great things. The story of Moses is of course a great example of how God takes an man, saves his life at birth, and uses his experiences and weaknesses to draw the man closer to Him to perform God's will. In the process, the man slowly begins to recognize both the fullness of God's powers and how God IS with us and can work THROUGH us, despite what weaknesses we have, to achieve His will.

Early in Exodus, Moses is constantly questioning God, why me? Moses questions God's plan in Exodus chapters 3, 4, 5, and 6 before Moses begins to confidently serve as only God knew he could.

My Prayer: Lord, help me understand my God-given will for my life, help me understand that I can achieve your purpose for my life, and help me submit to your will obediently. Help me understand and be patient when I believe that your will for my life is not possible - help me be persistent. And when I stray, help me come back to you.