Tuesday, August 2, 2011

There Is Hope...However Glimmering...Even For Job

Job Chp 14

Even as Job continues to feel the pain of loss and despair, he has a faint hope which we know has already arrived - and this is the hope of Jesus Christ.

13 “If only you would hide me in the grave
   and conceal me till your anger has passed!
If only you would set me a time
   and then remember me!
14 If someone dies, will they live again?
   All the days of my hard service
   I will wait for my renewal to come.
15 You will call and I will answer you;
   you will long for the creature your hands have made.
16 Surely then you will count my steps
   but not keep track of my sin.
17 My offenses will be sealed up in a bag;
   you will cover over my sin

Job's hope for a renewal is something that all of us have right now, all of the time - Christ Jesus!  Job's desire and hope that God will cover over his sin is again something all of us have right now - Christ Jesus!

We don't have to suffer in vain.  We have Christ Jesus - and for this I am thankful beyond what words can express.

My Prayer: Christ Jesus, that You provide both renewal and a washing away of my sins is something for which I feel I am not worthy.  Yet you provide...and you provide even more.  How awesome is this that You love us SO much...that You were willing to die so that we can have You as our God and as our savior!  Please forgive me for my laziness and for my lack of desire in You in how I am living out my life.  Help me become a stronger disciple...help my faith and efforts grow stronger and more bold.