Wednesday, May 9, 2012

11 If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ.

1 Peter 4

The end of all things is near. Therefore be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray. Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. 10 Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. 11 If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen. 

I have never thought about it in these terms but Peter is instructing us to submit to Christ to the extent that we can actually talk with the very words of Jesus.  This of course requires in my view a deep, intimate relationship with Christ, and a submission to Christ with a love and obedience that follows.


My Prayer: Lord Jesus, that You love me as much as You do is truly amazing...and yet I cannot even begin to describe how amazing You are - I have seen with my own eyes and experienced Your hand - as it is truly awesome.  I am not worthy of such love and grace - yet You bless me anyway.  I am lazy and easily distracted by earthly and worldly distractions.  I thank You for everything that You are to me and will continue to be and now I ask You to forgive me for my laziness and earthly concerns.  Please also forgive me for my anger and tongue that deeply needs taming.  Transform my heart and my life Lord Jesus - help me speak and act as if I AM Jesus Christ.