Thursday, May 17, 2012

You are God my stronghold.

Psalm 43

David continues to seek protection from those who mean him harm, and he often doubts God is there for him.  Yet you can see glimmers of David's surety that God is there for him:

He knows that God alone can rescue him: v1
He appeals to God, recognizing that God is his stronghold: v2
He recognizes God as a source of light and care: v3

David at this time is surrounded by wickedness and in his heart of hearts knows that only God can provide the refuge and peace he desires.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You protect us from so much and You do so in so many ways that we don't see or recognize - You are a loving and caring God beyond what we deserve.  I confess to You now that I am lazy and disobedient, and selfish - among just a few of my sin.  I thank You for the love, care, and protection that You do provide and I desperately seek Your forgiveness for my sin.  I also ask that You transform my heart and my life so that I can truly recognize ALL that You are so I can be all that You want me to be.