Wednesday, May 2, 2012

7 Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives...

1 Peter 3

Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.

I know I need to focus more energy on practicing both respect and encouragement with my wife with an eye towards helping her be the woman Christ intends for her.


My Prayer: Lord, thank You for everything that You are including Your death on the cross and what that means to me, Your word, and Your holy spirit.  I need you badly in my life because I continue to sin and I need not only forgiveness but refinement with any eye towards holiness and being the man You intend me to be.  So please forgive me for my harshness and lack of effort in being the man You intend me to be.  Help me - do what You need to do as I submit to You.  Transform my heart and my life to be who You desire me to be.