Friday, May 18, 2012

In God we make our boast all day long, and we will praise your name forever.

Psalm 44

We have heard it with our ears, O God;
    our ancestors have told us
what you did in their days,
    in days long ago.
With your hand you drove out the nations
    and planted our ancestors;
you crushed the peoples
    and made our ancestors flourish.
It was not by their sword that they won the land,
    nor did their arm bring them victory;
it was your right hand, your arm,
    and the light of your face, for you loved them.

You are my King and my God,
    who decrees[c] victories for Jacob.
Through you we push back our enemies;
    through your name we trample our foes.
I put no trust in my bow,
    my sword does not bring me victory;
but you give us victory over our enemies,
    you put our adversaries to shame.
In God we make our boast all day long,
    and we will praise your name forever.

But now you have rejected and humbled us;
    you no longer go out with our armies.
10 You made us retreat before the enemy,
    and our adversaries have plundered us.
11 You gave us up to be devoured like sheep
    and have scattered us among the nations.
12 You sold your people for a pittance,
    gaining nothing from their sale.

David laments over how he feels scorned...yet we should know better that God does not scorn or forget us...His love and mercy is always upon us....He does not of course promise us a life free of troubles.

Among many verses that discuss suffering:

12 Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. 13 But rejoice inasmuch as you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed. (1 Peter 4:12-13)

We must all remember that whatever happens we should be looking for what we can do to glorify God - not question Him.  Of course we can struggle with our faith - that is OK but in the end we should strive to have faith that God is always with us...no matter what our circumstances are.

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:4-8)


My Prayer: Lord, I know You will never forsake me...instead I will scorn You or I will sin and I will through my own doing separate myself from You.  I do this willingly but neglecting You in my daily time with You.  I thank You Lord Jesus that You still love me no matter what I do and will always welcome me back no matter what I do.  Please forgive me now for my weakness and my inability to be bold....to be the man You intend me to be.  Please invade my heart and my life - take me and make me fully Yours.