Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Be still, and know that I am God

Psalm 46

God commands our attention:

- he lifts his voice, the earth melts
- the desolations he has brought on the earth
- He makes wars cease, to the ends of the earth
- He breaks the bow and shatters the spear; he burns the shields with fire.  

In Matthew 19:26 Jesus says:

With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.

...

Come and see what the Lord has done,
    the desolations he has brought on the earth.
He makes wars cease
    to the ends of the earth.
He breaks the bow and shatters the spear;
    he burns the shields[d] with fire.
10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth.”
 
11 The Lord Almighty is with us;
    the God of Jacob is our fortress.

My Prayer: Lord, You are great beyond all imagination and it is true that there is nothing You cannot do!  I am of course weak as I am human.  I am weak in all respects and I am weak today in that I fail to serve You and I fail to serve my human masters wholeheartedly - while I know You love me no less...and for this I thank You...I desperately seek Your forgiveness.  Please forgive me and help me serve both You and my human masters wholeheartedly.  Help me be still and know that You are God.   Help me Lord.