Thursday, May 24, 2012

For the Lord Most High is awesome, the great King over all the earth.

Psalm 47

For the Lord Most High is awesome,
    the great King over all the earth.

The Lord Jesus Christ is awesome in of course many ways (human words cannot even come close to a description worthy of Christ's awesomeness!) but let me start with a few ways:

- He created the Heavens and the Earth and everything in between > I marvel at this all the time and I should marvel at it more than I do; just look around you at home and in the places you have visited and seen in videos and photographs.
- He created all of us in His image; human beings stand apart from the other creations and we are uniquely created to serve Him
- In my own life, I marvel at the blessings he has trusted me with: family, job, place to live, health, skills, etc. > all of this to both bless me and glorify Him!

My Prayer: Lord, You ARE Most High and awesome!  I am hopeful and prayerful that my description is a sense of my worship of You.  I worship You not only because You are so great but also because I need You!  I sin and I am in need of both purfication and sanctification.  Thank You for all that You have done but please purify me of my sin of laziness and also sanctify me so that I can become more like You Jesus Christ.