Wednesday, June 5, 2013

And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

Micah 6

And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God. v8

All believers at one time or another see our walk with God as a burden.  Here in Micah, God sees right through this:

“My people, what have I done to you?
How have I burdened you? Answer me.
I brought you up out of Egypt
and redeemed you from the land of slavery.
I sent Moses to lead you,
also Aaron and Miriam. v3-4

The Lord's examples of His blessings don't even begin to describe how He has blessed His people.  Yet we complain about the burden of our walk.  Indeed we may be persecuted or even die for our faith - there is no promise of a risk free life for sure.  However, God does it make it simple:

To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God. v8

My Prayer: Lord, I know You have blessed me...beyond what I deserve.  I am weak, lazy, selfish, and full of pride.  Yet You love me anyway.  Thank You Jesus.  But please forgive me.  Help me be more like You.  Help me see both the simplicity and joy of "walking humbly with You".