Friday, June 7, 2013

The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him,

Nahum 1

The Lord is good,
a refuge in times of trouble. 
He cares for those who trust in him...v7

The Lord is indeed good...in fact He is great!  He is great in infinite ways and Nahum speaks only to a few of these ways, including:  
The Lord is slow to anger but great in power; the Lord will not leave the guilty unpunished. v3

Paul's letter to the Galatians I believe is one of the better defintions of God as a great God...

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Galatians 5:22

My Prayer: Lord, there is none like You.  You are the one and only true God.  You are my God...my savior.  You don't need me, yet You love me so much You died for me.  I am not worthy of such love.  I sin.  Thank You for Your love but please forgive me for my selfishness and my laziness.  I desire to be a light...to be a reflection of You to others...to draw others to You.  Help me be more like You.  Help me have Your desires.  Help me lead a bold and daring faith.