Wednesday, June 12, 2013

At that time I will search Jerusalem with lamps and punish those who are complacent....

Zephaniah 1

At that time I will search Jerusalem with lamps
and punish those who are complacent....v12

I have frequently read and reflected on how it is important to live with the end in mind and today I read yet another angle on this...that complacency is just as wicked as sin.  As God is active, we must be active and growing.

Therefore let us move beyond the elementary teachings about Christ and be taken forward to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God...Hebrews 6:1

In James we are to have faith and be in action:

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. James 1:22

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, I know You are an active God always doing something...and always doing something for me...amazing!  You don't even need me but You not only use me as Your servant, but You also love me!   I am not worthy of such love.  Thank You Jesus for such love and mercy.  Please forgive me for my critical nature and as I use harsh words for others and I know that this is a sin.  Help me grow to be more like You.  Help me so that Your desires are my desires.