Wednesday, June 26, 2013

See, your king comes to you, righteous and victorious, lowly and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.

Zechariah9

See, your king comes to you,
    righteous and victorious,
lowly and riding on a donkey,
    on a colt, the foal of a donkey. v9

The Lord Jesus is Lord because of who He is.  It is His actions and His power that make Him worthy of being sovereign over all the heavens and earth.  He does not need the trappings of an earthly king.  He is worthy of our love because of who He is and for what He has done for us.   He is powerful yet humble.  He is ruler yet he comes to serve, love and save.  He is great.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are indeed great.  You rule over everything and everyone and You don't need me, yet You love me....individually.  Despite my sin.  Thank You Jesus.  Please forgive me for my laziness.  Help me have rest and energy.  Help me love You with all of my heart mind and soul.  Transform both my heart and my life Jesus.  Take me I am Yours.  I want to serve You.