Thursday, June 27, 2013

They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son.

Zechariah 12

They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son. v10

Jesus is the greatest gift of all...and God gave us His Son so that we may live, and that we may be forgiven.  And Jesus rose again so that we may have eternal life...beating sin and death.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

Do I see Jesus as a gift...every day and every moment of my life?  Do I yearn for Him, reflective of my gratitude for the gift of Jesus?  Do I love Him with all of my heart, mind and soul.  I don't but I desire to and I desire that Jesus grow in my heart.  I desire to have His desires.  I seek to love as Jesus loves me.

My Prayer: Lord, You are Truth, Love...You are All.  You are worthy of my love and worship.  You certainly don't need me but You love me anyway. I am broken...I sin.  I am lazy and I don't live a life as You intend.  I am lazy...slothful.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me.  Help me so that Your desires are my desires.  Please grow in my heart and in my life.  Transform my heart and my life.  Take me I am Yours.