Monday, December 8, 2014

After he said this, he took some bread and gave thanks to God in front of them all. Then he broke it and began to eat. They were all encouraged and ate some food themselves.

Acts 27

After he said this, he took some bread and gave thanks to God in front of them all. Then he broke it and began to eat. They were all encouraged and ate some food themselves. v35-36

As Paul's ship sailed to Rome, it encountered stormy seas which endangered all on board.  God came to Paul in a vision and told Him that he and the others would be OK.  God's message to Paul is no different from the gospels or any other good news we are to deliver from God.  Use any and all opportunities to proclaim the greatness and goodness of Jesus Christ.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are indeed both great and good.  And these words of course do not do justice to how great and good You are!  Your word is great - it is all I need because it is You and it is always available to me.  I am not worth such love and blessing as You provide.  I am selfish, lazy, greedy, quick to anger, slow to listen, impatient, harsh with my thoughts, words, and actions.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus and help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me understand Your message for me today and help me be obedient and apply Your message for me today and everyday.