Monday, December 1, 2014

About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them.

Acts 16

About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. v25

We are to "give thanks in all circumstances":

[G]ive thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:18

This means of course in good times and in bad times and even in those times where you feel "so-so" or are in a rut in your life, whether that is in your workplace, in your marriage, in your family life, spiritual life, etc.  Give thanks.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, there is MUCH to be thankful for - for You created the heavens and the earth and everything in between.  You created me and bless me beyond what I deserve.  You give me second chances all the time - far too often.  You are full of grace, mercy, kindness, etc.  I am certainly not worth such love and blessing.  I am quick to anger, slow to listen, impatient, harsh with my thoughts, words, actions, etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me.  Help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me understand Your message for me today - help me be obedient and faithfully apply this message.