Tuesday, December 16, 2014

God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life.

Romans 2

God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. v6-7

I have often read and heard that we are to live with the end in mind...that God's timing for our life is not known to us and we must be prepared....for we will meet our maker  - Jesus Christ - and He will judge us.

I am mindful of the following scripture:


“But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut."  Matthew 25:10

...

“Show me, LORD, my life’s end
   and the number of my days;
   let me know how fleeting my life is." Psalm 39:4

My Prayer:  Lord Jesus, what a great God You are!  You ARE ever powerful, all knowing, pure, perfect, and blameless.  That You came to earth to endure all that I endure and then to willingly die on the cross...choosing to save me...is AMAZING!  I am not worth such love and blessing Jesus.  I am selfish, quick to anger, slow to listen, impatient, harsh with my thoughts, words, and actions, etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus.  Help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.