Wednesday, December 17, 2014

No, a person is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code.

Romans 2

No, a person is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. v29

Closeness to Christ is developed through the heart and by fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith (Hebrews 12:2).  Close to Christ is the same as renewing of the mind through the spiritual disciplines of bible study, reflection, prayer, worship, acts of service, etc.:

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are pure, perfect and holy and You are all of the fruits of the spirit.  I greatly desire to be more like You.  Yet my mind and body continue to sin.  I am quick to anger, slow to listen, selfish, impatient, harsh with my thoughts, words, and actions, etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus.  Help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help understand Your message for me today, be obedient to, and apply Your message today and every day. I love You.