Friday, December 19, 2014

Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God’s wrath through him!

Romans 5

Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God’s wrath through him! v9

I have recently learned and understand that Christ came to save us on many counts, including to save us from God's wrath.  Until Christ, we continued to sin and there was nothing we could do to be reconciled in God's eyes. He HAD to send His son to die for us so that we could be reconciled to Him - the Old Testament is full of God's wrath and we are all deserving of such wrath for the "wages of sin is death" (Romans 6:23).

My Prayer: God You are great...You have saved me from being slave to sin and also from God's wrath...I am deeply humbled and thankful that You know everything about me...sin and all...yet chose me, then suffered and died for me so that I could be saved and of course have eternity in heaven with You.  How great You are!  I am not worth such love and blessing...not by a long shot!  I am quick to anger, slow to listen, impatient, selfish, prideful, arrogant, etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me and help me turn from these sins and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.  I love You.