Thursday, December 11, 2014

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

Romans 1

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. v16

Paul is not ashamed in any way about his faith or about any aspect of the faith, Jesus Christ, the gospel, the Holy Spirit, etc.  He is living in a way that is fearlessly faithful...see also my post yesterday.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us...Ephesians 3:20

My Prayer: Lord, You are a great God through Him all things are possible and You are able do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine...how great You are!  I am not worth the love that You have for me Jesus.  I can't fully appreciate Your love for me.  I am not worth it...I sin...I am impatient, harsh with my thoughts, words, actions, selfish, prideful, etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me and help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me understand Your message for me today and every day...help me be obedient to and apply Your message.