Tuesday, November 25, 2014

When they came to the border of Mysia, they tried to enter Bithynia, but the Spirit of Jesus would not allow them to.

Acts 16

When they came to the border of Mysia, they tried to enter Bithynia, but the Spirit of Jesus would not allow them to. v7

I have previously posted here how God is unstoppable - if He really wants something to happen He would make it happen, regardless of what we do...similarly, if He really does NOT want something to happen He would be able stop something from happening.

God IS in control.

Jonah tried to stop God's plans but was thwarted...see here.

Isaiah noted how God is in control:

For the Lord Almighty has purposed, and who can thwart him?
    His hand is stretched out, and who can turn it back? Isaiah 14:27
 
That does not mean we must sit idly back...we may fall prey to Satan.  Jesus told His disciples:

"All this I have told you so that you will not fall away." John 16:1
 
Satan is real and we must be careful to not fall away.  We will fall away if we are not focused on Jesus...near Jesus...and working actively to honor and please Jesus.
 
My Prayer: Lord, You are indeed THE great God...the only God for me.  The Name Above All Names...King of Kings.  You chose me and I am indeed blessing by Your love...by Your sacrifice.  I am not worth such love and sacrifice.  I am lazy and not in action working for You.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus.  Help me turn from and overcome such sin...help me turn instead towards You.  Help me understand Your message for me today.  Help me apply and be obedient to Your message.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.