Monday, November 3, 2014

The apostles left the Sanhedrin, rejoicing because they had been counted worthy of suffering disgrace for the Name. Day after day, in the temple courts and from house to house, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Messiah.

Acts 5

The apostles left the Sanhedrin, rejoicing because they had been counted worthy of suffering disgrace for the Name.  Day after day, in the temple courts and from house to house, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Messiah. v41-42

What's amazing is that Peter and John had just been thrown in jail and flogged and then their response was to keep praising Jesus and to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ.  The question and challenge for me of course is: to what extent am I thankful for the blessings I have received and as confident as Peter and John?

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are indeed great - Your name is great, Your ways are great, Your acts are great...You are perfect beyond description and while I grumble about my life...I should be thankful that I have YOU!  You are all I need.  Thank You Jesus that You adopted ME into YOUR family.  I am not worth such an act of love.  I am selfish, I grumble constantly...I worry...etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me.  Help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me stand FIRM in my faith as Peter and John do.