Tuesday, November 4, 2014

All who were sitting in the Sanhedrin looked intently at Stephen, and they saw that his face was like the face of an angel.

Acts 6

All who were sitting in the Sanhedrin looked intently at Stephen, and they saw that his face was like the face of an angel. v15

This story demonstrates the power of Satan, hate, and how a hardened heart leads to sin.  The Jewish leaders KNEW that Stephen was innocent AND that He was set apart in ways that God wanted the Jews to be set apart.  Yet despite this, the Jewish leaders hardened hearts led them to kill Stephen.

We must fix our eyes on Jesus (Hebrews 12:2) and the renewing of our mind (Romans 12:2).

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are great beyond description.  I have personally seen Your might in my life and in the life of others.  Just recently You brought my mom to belief in You.  This is ONLY something You could have done.  Amazing.  I am not worth such love and blessing.  I am quick to anger, slow to listen, impatient, harsh with my words, prideful, arrogant, etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus.  Help me turn from such sin towards You and help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith and help me avoid a hardening of my heart - help me fix my eyes on You and the renewing of my mind.