Thursday, November 6, 2014

On that day a great persecution broke out against the church in Jerusalem, and all except the apostles were scattered throughout Judea and Samaria.

Acts 8

On that day a great persecution broke out against the church in Jerusalem, and all except the apostles were scattered throughout Judea and Samaria. v1

After the stoning of Stephen (see post yesterday), it would be understandable if the apostles also scattered but interestingly they did not.   Note that all, except the apostles, were scattered...even the NKJV uses the word except.  

Will I stand my ground in the face of opposition to my faith...whatever form of opposition that might be.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what a great God You are!  Your hand, designs, will, might, grace, mercy, etc. are all perfect...everything about You is perfect.  You even see me as perfect....You provide second chances when I don't deserve them...I am not worth such blessing. I am selfish, quick to anger, slow to listen, impatient and harsh with others, etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus!  Help me turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  In the face of opposition, help me stand my ground with my faith.