Tuesday, November 11, 2014

“Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”....I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right.

Acts 10

“Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.” v15....I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right. v34-35.

If only I could see and love others as Jesus sees them.  I am commanded to in Matthew 22:37-40 yet I know I fall short.  The key is of course is fixing our eyes on Jesus (Hebrews 12:2) and focusing on a renewing of the mind (Romans 12:2).

My Prayer: Lord You are awesome!  What a beautiful fall day it is and what a beautiful place You created here in Raleigh, NC.  The fall colors are amazing!  I know You created this for me to enjoy but I am not worth such love and blessing...I fall short as all do.  I am selfish, I steal, I am harsh with my words and actions, I am quick to anger and slow to listen...there is of course more!  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus!  Help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help grow in my faith.  Help me apply today's message You have for me.  Help me fix my eyes on You and renew my mind.