Friday, November 14, 2014

Through him everyone who believes is set free from every sin, a justification you were not able to obtain under the law of Moses.

Acts 13

Through him everyone who believes is set free from every sin, a justification you were not able to obtain under the law of Moses. v39

As Paul begins his missionary journeys - sent by the Holy Spirit - he proclaims the above key point..."everyone who believes".  This is key because for us to be obedient to Jesus two greatest commandments as stated in Matthew 22:37-40, we must truly believe in who Jesus is, what He has done for all of us, what He continues to do for all of us, and what He WILL do for us.  This is all very important.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are indeed great - everything about You is great - Your love, Your will, Your design, Your power, etc.  Great cannot even begin to describe You.  I know my worship of You is but filthy rags but I feel compelled to worship You anyway because I truly love You and want to follow You.  Yet I continue to sin - I am impatient, I am quick to anger and slow to listen, I am prideful and arrogant, I worry way too much, etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus!  Help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me truly believe in WHO You are!