Thursday, November 13, 2014

But the word of God continued to spread and flourish.

Acts 12

But the word of God continued to spread and flourish. v24

Much was happening during the early days of the church as chronicled here in Acts and in particular you will see many efforts by the Romans and the Jews alike to quell growth of the church.  Herod had Peter arrested but this did not stop God...

As indicated in my post here, God is unstoppable.  

Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails. Proverbs 19:21

My Prayer: Lord You are indeed great and Your design is great...I have seen it so many times in my life how You have orchestrated events and circumstances for Your glory and my good.  What a great God You are!  I am not worth such love and blessing Jesus as I am selfish, impatient, quick to anger, slow to listen, harsh with my words and actions, etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus.  Help me turn from such sin and towards You Jesus.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me understand Your message for me today and help me be obedient and apply Your message in my life.