Wednesday, November 19, 2014

But after the disciples had gathered around him, he got up and went back into the city.

Acts 14

But after the disciples had gathered around him, he got up and went back into the city. v20

Faith is a race...a long race...and we are to be persistent and we are to have endurance.

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. Hebrews 12:1-2.

Elsewhere in scripture we are admonished for trying to be first...by focusing on our own status but here we are encouraged to focus on glorifying Jesus with a zeal to win FOR CHRIST.

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 1 Corinthians 9:24

My Prayer:  Lord, You are indeed an awesome God...creator and capable of all things....all knowing and full of love for me and all humanity.  Even though we sin...You see me and everyone else as perfect and deserving of grace.  What a great God You are!  I am not worth such love, blessing and kindness...I am selfish, lazy, prideful, quick to anger, slow to listen, full of envy, etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus...help me turn from my sin and towards You Jesus.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith...help me be obedient to apply Your message for me today.