Wednesday, November 12, 2014

"All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”

Acts 10

"All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.” v43

In this chapter of Acts, Peter has a vision from the Lord that he speak of and offer salvation through Jesus Christ to all - Jews and Gentiles alike.  Keeping in mind that this message is directed not just at Peter but to any believer, myself included, the implication is that we are not in a position to deny speaking about Jesus to anyone....regardless of any explanation we may come up with about why we don't.  We must love others as Jesus does (Matthew 22:39).

My  Prayer: Lord, what a great God You are that You are able to love anyone and everyone..and of course suffer and die for all who believe in You.  You offer an amazing gift...and ask only in return that we believe and love You with all of our heart, soul, mind and strength.  How cool are You!  I am not worth such a God as You.  I selfish, quick to anger, slow to listen, lazy, selfish, prideful, arrogant, etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus.  Help me turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me apply Your message for me today.  Help me spread the news of Jesus Christ as much as I possibly can.