Monday, November 24, 2014

Paul wanted to take him along on the journey, so he circumcised him because of the Jews who lived in that area, for they all knew that his father was a Greek.

Acts 16

Paul wanted to take him along on the journey, so he circumcised him because of the Jews who lived in that area, for they all knew that his father was a Greek. v3

We are commanded by Jesus to grow God's Kingdom - see Matthew 28:19-20:

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Key to the Great Commission is to build up and encourage disciple-makers such as Paul did with Timothy.  Encourage those with gifts and passion to develop those gifts and passions for the glory of God.  As a more mature (relatively speaking) Christian I am to develop younger less mature Christians along their journey.

My Prayer: Lord You are a great God and You have blessed me with Your guidance through Your Word, the Holy Spirit, and through older Christian men who have helped me, and I know You want me to play that role for others...I know however that I am selfish with my time or I worry about my abilities to play this role.  I know You love me anyway so thank You Jesus but please forgive me for my sin of worry and selfishness.  Help me turn from such sin and towards You Jesus.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me understand Your message for me, apply this message and be obedient to this message.