Wednesday, April 15, 2015

And because of my chains, most of the brothers and sisters have become confident in the Lord and dare all the more to proclaim the gospel without fear.

Philippians 1

And because of my chains, most of the brothers and sisters have become confident in the Lord and dare all the more to proclaim the gospel without fear. v14

In this book, Paul is writing from prison in Rome to the church in Phillipi.  He is convinced that his present circumstances are for the glory of God...that there is goodness in his suffering.  Later in this chapter he encourages us to live in a manner "worthy of the gospel", implying that our circumstances should not prevent us from being a "light" to others and to the world:

Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. v27

My Prayer:  Lord Jesus, You are an incredible God, the one and only God, the King of Kings and my Lord and Savior.  I cannot live without You and I desire desperately for You to transform my heart and my life.  I am broken and in need You in all ways and in all things.  I am selfish, lazy, easily distracted, arrogant, prideful, etc. Thank You that You love me anyway, knowing everything about me including my sin. Please forgive me for such sins and help me turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me glorify You regardless of my circumstances, including Lisa's cancer.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of this cancer.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.