Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies.

Ephesians 5 

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.  In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. v25-28

Right now, it is as important as ever for me to love Lisa and for her to feel loved...by me, and more importantly by Christ. Paul encourages me to do so by using scriptures (as a way to lay down my life for her) and to view her as holy and blameless.  This may seem difficult at times but "I can do all things through Him who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:13)".

My Prayer: Lord, You are the only one who is truly pure, holy and blameless.  You are the one true God and You are my Lord and Savior.  I desperately need You in my life...to forgive me, for mercy, for guidance, for strength, for comfort, etc.  Thank You that You provide all of this and more.  I am not worth what You do for me as I am weak, lazy, and selfish.  Forgive me and help me both overcome and turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa of this cancer.  Help me serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me love Lisa as Christ loves the church.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.