Thursday, April 30, 2015

Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.

Colossians 3

Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. v2

Paul is writing to the Colossians to warn them about the dangers of false prophets and heresy.  He simply states the key to victory of these dark forces.  Similarly, Paul did the same in Romans:

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2

My Prayer:  Lord You are the Way, Truth and the Light..."no one comes to the Father except through You".  You are the Lord of Lords, King of Kings, and You are in and above all.  Yet You came down from heaven to willingly suffer and die for me...personally.  Thank for such an incredible gift.  I am not worth such a gift.  I know what I deserve.  I am broken.  I am selfish, quick to anger, impatient, disobedient, etc.  Please forgive me Jesus!  Help me overcome my sin and turn towards You!  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do. Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa of this cancer.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Lift up my brothers in BSF...support and encourage them them with Your uplifting arms.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message today and every day.